Thanks to being under the weather with more time in bed, I’ve just finished another book. The fifth book in the Chet and Bernie series, A Fistful of Collars, sees Bernie and Chet on the site of a film with famous star, Thad Perry, whom they have been hired to protect.
The big question: is Thad a murderer both past and present? There are actually several murders during the course of this story and it’s the second one that I wasn’t expecting.
For those of you unfamiliar with the Chet and Bernie series, the books are narrated from Chet the Dog’s point of view. Here’s a few things you should know about Chet:
- He failed out of K-9 School on the last day
- He’s a member of The Nation (his term for dogs)
- His favorite treats are by Rover and Company, although he likes Slim Jims and basically anything else he can find
- His best pal is Iggy who lives next door. Unfortunately, Iggy doesn’t get out much.
- He rides shotgun (front seat) with Bernie in their Porsche (he gets in the back for special people like Bernie’s girlfriend, Suzie)
I’ve ordered books 6, 7, and 8 in the series and so there will be more reviews to come – although probably not quite so quickly as these last two since I am on the mend.
Kathleen Crisley, specialist in dog massage, rehabilitation and nutrition/food therapy, The Balanced Dog, Christchurch, New Zealand