It’s April and the 2013 Major League Baseball season is underway. Did you know that many MLB teams hold special events for dogs to attend the game?
These events allow baseball fans to watch the game from a special section of the stadium. Animal welfare charities are often supported through these events, which are accompanied by photo sessions and other activities (and some giveaways).
These games are so popular that some teams hold more than one event during the course of the season!
Here’s a list of the 2013 events:
- Bark at the Park – Kansas City Royals vs Los Angeles Angels at Kansas City, May 26, 2013
- Bark at the Park – Miami Marlins vs San Diego Padres at Miami – June 30, 2013 (Benefit for Humane Society of Broward County)
- Bark at the Park – Miami Marlins vs Cleveland Indians at Miami – August 4, 2013 (Benefit for Humane Society of Greater Miami Adopt-A-Pet)
- Bark in the Park – Atlanta Braves vs New York Mets at Atlanta – May 5, 2013
- Bark in the Park – Arizona Diamondbacks vs San Francisco Giants at Arizona – June 9, 2013
- Bark in the Park – Arizona Diamondbacks vs Colorado Rockies at Arizona – September 15, 2013
- Bark in the Park – Cincinnati Reds vs Philadelphia Phillies at Cincinnati – April 16, 2013 (Free ‘basebowl’ mat for the first 5,000 pet owners)
- Bark in the Park – Cincinnati Reds vs New York Mets at Cincinnati – September 23, 2013
- Bark in the Park – Los Angeles Dodgers vs Miami Marlins at Los Angeles – May 11, 2013
- Bark in the Park – Los Angeles Dodgers vs Colorado Rockies at Los Angeles – September 28, 2013
- Bark in the Park – Texas Rangers vs Chicago White Sox at Texas – May 2, 2013
- Dog Day – Chicago White Sox vs Cleveland Indians at Chicago – April 23, 2013
- Dog Day – Chicago White Sox vs Minnesota Twins at Chicago – September 16, 2013
- Dog Day – Oakland Athletics vs St Louis Cardinals at Oakland – June 28, 2013
- Dog Days of Summer – San Francisco Giants vs Pittsburgh Pirates at San Francisco – August 25, 2013
- Pooches in the Ballpark – St Louis Cardinals vs Texas Rangers at St Louis – June 22, 2013
- Puppypalooza – Cleveland Indians vs Kansas City Royals at Cleveland – June 17, 2013
- Puppypalooza – Cleveland Indians vs Kansas City Royals at Cleveland – September 9, 2013
- Pups in the Park #1 – Washington Nationals vs Atlanta Braves at Washington – April 14, 2013
- Pups in the Park #2 – Washington Nationals vs Chicago Cubs at Washington – May 11, 2013
- Pups in the Park #3 – Washington Nationals vs Minnesota Twins at Washington – June 9, 2013
|Is your dog right for a MLB canine event? (guidance courtesy of the Atlanta Braves)Yes, if your dog:
Probably not, if your dog:
Older dogs, dogs with short muzzles and/or dogs in general that are quickly prone to heat exhaustion should consider not attending this event or possibly plan on not staying for the entire game. Even though there will be cool water, pools, shady spots, misting machines and ice cream on hand, the direct sun and heat can be a deadly combination for dogs. Dogs cool themselves down by panting and are not nearly as efficient as us humans. Please keep the comfort and safety of your dog in the forefront of your mind when planning out this fun day at the park.
Reblogged this on RMSAAM.
Pingback: Baseball goes to the dogs | DoggyMom.com