DogVacay, the online site the connects dog parents who need home dog boarding, pet sitting and day care with qualified caregivers, has released its second annual State of U.S. Pet Travel survey.
It shows that dog parents still face obstacles when needing or wanting to travel.
- 60% of dog owners say arranging accommodation for their dog adds complexity to travel planning
- 34% of owners say they often struggle to find a pet sitter when they need to travel at short notice
- 22% of owners have delayed or skipped a planned vacation because of challenges in arranging care for their dog(s)
- 50% say finding a good kennel or pet sitter has affected planning for their vacation
- Another three in ten (27%) say financial challenges such as kennel fees or paying a pet deposit at a hotel have impacted their vacation plans
Also, 46% of dog owners agree that worrying about their dog(s) while they’re away makes it harder to enjoy their trip (I admit that I worry about Daisy when I have to travel for work or vacation, even when I have made arrangements for her care with reputable caregivers).
What’s your travel story?