Some of the great benefits of owning a dog are:
- Reduction of stress
- They make you exercise
- They provide unconditional love
- And on top of this, they boost self esteem (even after a bad day at work, they love you!)
- When life is hard, they teach you the value of play
- Because they love you, they provide safety & security
- They provide a sense of belonging – you’re packmates!
- On top of everything, the act of petting a dog is proven to lower blood pressure and heart rate
Enjoy your weekend. Have you hugged your dog today?
In the United States, the big holiday of Halloween is approaching. For this holiday and for others like Christmas and New Year, some dog owners may be tempted to dress up their dog in costume.
Did you know that there are no safety requirements for dog costumes? Netting, sequins, wire, and elastic which are found on many costumes pose a choking hazard. If ingested, these items can cause bowel obstructions. In addition, a dog who runs away for any reason can get caught up in bushes and trees.
The lesson? If you want to dress up your dog, please ensure you are supervising them at all times!