Among a growing number of dog-friendly accommodation options in the US, the Inn by the Sea sets itself apart by offering dog-friendly accommodation combined with support of locally made dog products.
When you book their Inncredible Pets package you and your dog receive:
- a minimum of 2 nights in a single bedroom suite
- a dog toy that is made in Maine
- a personalised LL Bean dog bed (these beds are known for their quality and durability and LL Bean is a flagship retailer in Maine)
- a 30-minute in-room dog massage to help your dog work out the kinks of the trip
- a nightly entree from the Inn’s pet menu
- a nightly pet turndown service that rewards you dog with a locally made dog treat
This package currently starts at US$472.21 per night for a garden suite (higher rates for a spa suite or at peak times).
The Inn is located on popular Crescent Beach which does not allow dogs in the summer months of April – October. Inn staff can advise you on beaches that allow dogs during these times.
Kathleen Crisley, Fear-Free certified professional and specialist in dog massage, rehabilitation and nutrition/food therapy, The Balanced Dog, Christchurch, New Zealand