Located in Barnstable, on Cape Cod, is the Lamb and Lion Inn. Build in 1740 as a farmhouse, the old barn in the back is now accommodation with further additions to the property dating from the 1800s through to the 1960s. Some say it is a cross between a bed and breakfast and a small luxury hotel.
Speaking of cross-breeds, the best part is that the Inn is dog-friendly.
Guests are offered a package with dog sheets to cover the furniture and a towel for when their dog goes to the beach. They also receive a flashlight for taking their dog for a walk during the night.
The Inn sports a yoga and massage studio on the property; the massage therapist also offers dog massage to relax and treat your dog during your vacation.
Of course, like all dog-friendly establishments, there are some rules.
The house rules are:
1. We accept dogs year-round, however in the summer months there is a 25-pound pet weight restriction.
2. Aggressive dogs need not apply! If you’re remotely concerned with your dog around other, sometimes smaller pets, or children, please leave him or her behind.
3. Dogs cannot be left in the room unattended. We ask that you take Fido with you when you leave the property. An in-room pet sitter may be arranged with advanced notice. There is also a wonderful doggie day care with a “doggie cam” 5 minutes away (they require papers)
4. All dogs must be leashed while on the property.
5. There is a $25/night per pet fee (with a $100 maximum per pet).
6. Our Inn will only accept 3 pets at a time. Please inquire before booking yours.
7. We ask that all dogs (and guests) be well groomed prior to arrival. A $30 cleaning fee will be applied for excessive fur left behind.
8. Bring bedding or a portable carrier for your pet to sleep in if you have any.
9. Pet sheets, towels, and water bowls are available free of charge at the Inn.
10. Please don’t leave any Cape Cod souvenirs! We have 4 acres for your pooch to walk on and ask that you please pick up after them.