Darla’s story – what every owner needs to understand about dog toys

This video comes via the Center for Pet Safety, a registered 501(c)3 research and advocacy organization dedicated to companion animal and consumer safety.

Darla was the victim of a poorly designed dog toy purchased at Walmart by her unsuspecting owner.  Darla ingested nylon fabric that wrapped around her tongue and proceeded into her digestive tract causing peritonitis.  She fought for her life for over 3 days before losing her battle.

You can read Darla’s story by clicking on this link.

Dog owners must understand that dog toys are not subject to recalls and the burden of proof and legal remedies rest with the dog owner in cases like these.

I’m sharing this story to spread the word about this dog toy and to remind everyone to be careful in their selection of toys.  Toys sold at discount retailers are particularly suspect, such as those in New Zealand that are imported from China and are not well made and use paints and dyes that clearly rub off when being chewed.

Read Darla’s  story and then give your dog a hug – and promise to keep them safe from deadly toys.

Advertisements

2 responses to “Darla’s story – what every owner needs to understand about dog toys

  1. Run A Muck Ranch

    Scary world out there…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s