Fear Free certification is something that is still new to the veterinary and complementary professions. I saw an ad recently on Facebook for a Fear Free certified veterinary practice looking to hire and I’ve amended it to explain a bit more about what I stand for.
Where do you want to take your dog?
If you want your dog treated where…
- dogs are allowed to rest on a comfortable, padded massage table – or the floor if they are more comfortable
- appointments are booked hourly so there is no need to rush
- you see me – a fully qualified therapist with a commitment to ongoing professional development
- I adjust my pace for each dog, so anxious dogs may take longer (but it is worth it)
- and yummy dog treats and food diversions are used on a liberal basis
…then please book your dog into The Balanced Dog. I look forward to working with you in the Fear Free way.
Kathleen Crisley, specialist in dog massage, rehabilitation and nutrition/food therapy, The Balanced Dog, Christchurch, New Zealand