This holiday season, the Humane Society of the United States would like to share its 7 steps to a happier pet:
- Make sure your pet wears an identification tag
- Make sure you enroll your new puppy in behavioural training classes to prevent problems
- Animal behavioural problems can be health-related. Make sure your pet has a complete medical exam by a veterinarian at least once a year
- Prepare for disasters and make sure you have a plan for your pet in the event of a hurricane, tornado, fire, flood or earthquake
- Plan for your pet’s future in case something happens to you
- Learn how to prevent dog bites and how to prevent your dog from biting; visit the Humane Society’s website.
- Have a heart, be smart, and make sure your pet is spayed or neutered.