This holiday season, the Humane Society of the United States would like to share its 7 steps to a happier pet:
- Make sure your pet wears an identification tag
- Make sure you enroll your new puppy in behavioural training classes to prevent problems
- Animal behavioural problems can be health-related. Make sure your pet has a complete medical exam by a veterinarian at least once a year
- Prepare for disasters and make sure you have a plan for your pet in the event of a hurricane, tornado, fire, flood or earthquake
- Plan for your pet’s future in case something happens to you
- Learn how to prevent dog bites and how to prevent your dog from biting; visit the Humane Society’s website.
- Have a heart, be smart, and make sure your pet is spayed or neutered.
Posted in dog care, Dogs
Tagged Animal behavioural problems, behavior, behaviour, happy dogs, happy pets, Humane Society, Humane Society of the United States, neuter, pet, spay, spay and neuter, wills
Beyonce was born on 8 March 2012 to Casey, a pregnant dog that was scheduled to be euthanised. She claimed the title of the World’s Smallest Puppy because she could fit into a teaspoon! She wasn’t expected to survive but proved everyone wrong.
Beyonce was saved because of the efforts of The Grace Foundation of Northern California, an animal rescue and rehabilitation facility. Her story was picked up widely in media outlets including CBS, The Washington Post, the Associated Press and Reuters. Now The Grace Foundation is using Beyonce’s celebrity status in a new fundraising campaign for Mother’s Day.
Named the I’m a Survivor Fund (after the Beyonce song), funds will be used to save healthy mums and their puppies. Many of these dogs are euthanised in shelters across California and the wider United States (3.4 million in total each year) because of a lack of facilities and adoptive families.
The messages from the Tiny Beyonce campaign are simple:
1. Spay and neuter your pets to prevent overpopulation of our furry friends
2. Adopt from rescues and shelters to save animals in need
3. Help a rescue or shelter save lives. Volunteer or donate services, resources, or money
All moms (and mums) deserve recognition on Mother’s Day. Why not make a donation to the I’m a Survivor Fund as part of your Mother’s Day gift?
Posted in special dogs and awards
Tagged Associated Press, Beyonce, CBS, celebrities, donate, Grace Foundation, Mother's Day, neuter, Reuters, spay, spay and neuter, spay and neuter your pets, Tiny Beyonce, Washington Post, world's smallest puppy